Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Monday, September 14, 2009

questions

The following are the questions asked of me in the car this morning in a period of about 10 minutes. I think you will enjoy this.

Sam: When you get your driver's license, do you practice on a track?
Joe: Do they come to your house?
Me: Who?
Joe: The people.
Me: No, you go to the Dept of Motor Vehicles, take a written test, then someone drives with you on the real road to test your actual driving.
Pete: How old do you have to be to go without a [car]seat in Ohio?
Joe: Do they have a camera in here to see what you're doing?
Me: "They" who?
Joe: The 'department' people, to see where you are and stuff.
Me: No, I already have my license, so they don't need to know where I am.
Joe: How long have we been in our old house?
Me: Huh?
Joe: The one on Mississippi Road? (Avenue)
Sam: So are we technically breaking the law? (referring, unbeknownst to me, to the fact that I earlier let Janie sit in the front seat of the van)
Me: Huh?
Joe: When we move, will we take the kitties?
Me: I didn't know we were moving, but yes, we would take the kitties.
Joe: And the TV?
Joe: Ohhhhhh..Mom...cones!!!! (street construction)
Me: I see 'em.
Joe: What would happen if you didn't?
Peter: Is house arrest for just four years or for your whole life?
Me: WHAT?
Joe: Kids in China can go to prison when they're four.
Sam: Yeah, if their family did something bad.
Pete: Is prison under your porch?
Me: ????????????????????? I need a double espresso and a chocolate cream filled long john.

This is for real, folks. I have no idea where some of these questions com from, but this wild stream of consiousness is the everyday norm. Particularly in the van. Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

  1. I can soooo relate, and we only have 2.5 talkers! :) Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious t! I especially like the camera question!

    ReplyDelete