Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Meet Patrick. And Patrick.

Just in case you thought it was cute that two of my boys painted their starfish drooling and wearing green shorts (this is for you, D), you need to know that they painted them to look like Patrick from Spongebob. (See previous post.) When we sketched mollusks, I got Gary the snail. Complete with a "meow" word balloon. From Spongebob. And when we studied sea-sponges....well, do I really need to go on?

Our entire invertebrate unit was like a tribute to Spongebob Squarepants and all his chums. Squidward, even Plankton made it into one or two pages. Yes, Mr. Crabs, too...however, I don't think they thought of Sandy the (underwater??) squirrel during the mammals unit a few months back. What IS Sandy doing in Bikini Bottom, anyway? That never occurred to me before.

"What exactly ARE those children learning over there, anyway?" It's what you're thinking, I know.

I wonder, if we would ever have to submit "proof" of our home education, if the powers that be would take issue with science notebooks filled with Spongebob illustrations. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment