Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to July....Joe goes to camp!




This year was Joe's first time as a camper at Pine Lake Christian Camp in Eldora, IA! He's been there countless times already...once for family camp, once for a work weekend, and many many times taking Janie and Sam to and from their weeks at camp. This July was Joe's turn! Joe is my sensitive, tender-heart boy; I wasn't sure how he would do being left at camp (even though his age-group only stays for three nights). Once we met his counselor and found his cabin, however, it was clear he was going to be just fine! He had his Blow-Pops and Juicy Fruit and his disposable camera, he found his bunk, and he was with his buddy Trey.....he was on top of the world! I knew he would have a great time at camp....having new experiences and learning more about Jesus...and a taste of INDEPENDENCE! I also knew what old friend was secretly folded inside his pillowcase for those moments when he missed home just a little! ;) Joe came home three days later with fun stories, a cool T-shirt, and a faith perhaps a little more his own. Thanks, Pine Lake - we're blessed to have you in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that last statement! I knew I should've gone this year... what was I thinking!

    ReplyDelete