Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

seriously..

Peter emerges from the office, disgruntled, saying "My puffle isn't behavin'." Others emerge behind him saying, in a kind of tattle-ish voice, "It's because he hasn't walked it, Mom." Has this dialogue occured at anyone else's house? Anyone? Can I get an amen? Being the hip, tech-savvy mother that I am (um, not), I am aware of the puffle. It is the pet of the penguin on the "Club Penguin" website. On Club Penguin, you create a penguin and can play games, earn penguin coins, buy things for your penguins with your penguin coins, etc. And you can "purchase" a pet, called a puffle. Apparently you can feed, excercise, and rest your puffle. If you fail to do these things, your puffle may "misbehave" in some fashion. I have spent more minutes than I care to admit helping the kids on these websites......Webkinz is another example.....trying to find the scrap of paper where we wrote down the username or password, figuring out why something or other isn't working, or repeatedly saying "no" to requests to become an official member for just $9.99. It borders on the ridiculous. I mean, really. My four year old disgruntled because his puffle isn't behavin'. Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Our five-year-old was in tears for quite awhile when she accidentally "donated" her virtual dog. Dad played the game after she went to bed so she would have enough money to "buy" a new one the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One suggestion: buy each of them one of those little notebooks to keep the usernames and passwords in...I even do that for myself. But yeah, seriously, it gets worse with the teens. Yesterday part of that April Fool's virus had affected the big boys' computers. You'd a thought that Josh was going to be thrown into the fiery pit: panic. pain. pathetic. Brad was working OT as the IT support yesterday.

    ReplyDelete