Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

apologies..



Sorry about yesterday's post. I apologize if it was uncouth and unprofessional of me to discuss business situations, but you just have to laugh about some things. And it was late, and I was punchy. And, actually, you really should look for that movie scene on youtube. It's stinkin' hilarious.

On to other things....how about a few "Peter-isms" for a Thursday morning? Here you go:

Pete: I'm never going to get my driver's license.
Me: How will you get to work when you're a grown up?
Pete: My wife will drive me.

another...

Pete: Mom, will you read me that story about the cats' mittens?

I think today is going to be a good one. The coffee was brewing nice and early, the sun is shining (which does WONDERS, doesn't it?), and it's a new day. I'm so thankful for that. Yesterday I was a grouch. So grouchy that I gave the following speech to the boys after being ON THEM all day to get their stuff done: "If you don't learn to be diligent and stay on task, and if you're lucky enough to get a job someday, you're going to take an hour to do something that should only take five minutes. Then you'll get fired and won't have any money and won't be able to pay for food or a place to live. Then you'll have to live under a bridge or something." I actually said that to them. I could have said, "and don't come knocking on my door for a place to stay", but I didn't. Quite the character lesson, don't you think? :) (um, no.)

I think I should re-name my blog, "Non-Stellar Parenting Moment Confessions."

So yes, I've got high hopes for today, and I'm claiming God's grace to erase, or at least heal, days like yesterday. I hope you have a great day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment