Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

how much for just one rib?

Okay, I haven't blogged in so long that when I went to sign in, my blog didn't recognize me. :) I actually started a post about how uncreative I've been feeling, and how overwhelmed with the "needs to be done" list. But I scrapped it...seriously, who needs to listen to that? And who else is in the same boat? (high fives all around...)

I closed up my computer and turned to Tim's desk to help him appropriately word a work-related email. The contents of the email dealt with a situation that pops up now and then. (I'm trying to be ultra-professional about this :) I felt the need to post about it. Here's why:

Okay, anyone who knows me knows I'm a bargain girl...Goodwill all the way....clearance bin junkie. So I can appreciate folks who want to stick to a budget. But every now and then Tim runs into a situation on a building job that brings to mind a scene from the classic flick "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!". If you've never seen it, by all means do not rent it and subsequently wonder why you're friends with me. I only say that because I think most of the three or so of you who read my blog aren't really the "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" type. (Although a certain good friend and librarian from Cedarville University actually OWNS this movie. *shakes head* ) I can't remember the exact dialogue from the scene, but I think you'll get the picture. It goes something like this:

Chris Rock's character walks into a rib joint and asks, "How much for a order of ree-ubs?" Apparently the price of the ribs was too much, so he says, "How much for just ONE ree-ub?...I sho' am hungry!" Then he asks for a soda, and the price is too high for him, so he asks for just a sip..."pour it in my hand for a dime!". While fishing around for money to pay for his one rib and sip of soda, he says to the man, "you got change for a hundred?"

Sometimes Tim will come home from work and say, "How much for just one ree-ub?", and I'll know exactly the kind of day he's had!

(you can find the scene on YouTube if you really must! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment