Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mosaic!!






A woman from our church has taken Janie and I - along with a few friends - under her creative wing. She is in the process of covering every door in her home with the most amazingly beautiful glass mosaic. Woven into her mosaic is a "journal" of her walk with God. They are absolutely amazing. This year, she decided that we younglings were ready to take a stab at it. And she encouraged us to do something BIG. So we did, and four months later, we're still working! She is one patient lady! And very generous, too, because she lets us use all kinds of material in her studio...it's like being in a candy store! And she asks wonderful questions during the class and says things like, "I love to see the colors you choose, because it tells me so much about you!".

I thought I'd share a little of our progress. These were taken a short while back, so we've covered ground since then. The first two are of Janie's. She's covering a wooden "cube" cabinet. Mine are the second two..the top of a dresser that belonged to my sister and I when we were little. It has been so much fun to learn this art...it's like a therapy session once a week! :) We'll post more as we cover more surface! Thanks for letting us share!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I have always wanted to do a mosaic table top....you and Janie will have to give me some pointers!

    ReplyDelete