Life is, indeed, very good.

Life is, indeed, very good.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

tomorrow is new day!

Well, I have to say that today was a tough day on the homefront. We were hoping to get outside for a walk or something..anything.....but it was just too stinkin' cold. It became apparent throughout the course of the day that the "family meeting" Tim and I had with the kids yesterday regarding respectful attitudes was NOT sinking in. By afternoon I was intolerant, impatient, and micro-controlling (now there's a fun mom!) Tim had planned to work late today, but ended up home early with the third or fourth bout with a cold virus this season. (His coming home early actually was a bonus for me.....did I just say that?) It was the kind of day where if I'm on the phone with my mom, she will intuitively quote Scripture knowing that my wits may have been left on the curb or something. Because of Tim's cold and coming home early, my highlight was to zip out to the Fareway to find Romaine lettuce for $.99, TWO pound bags (count 'em - TWO) of baby carrots for $1.69, and delicious-looking grapefruit whose cost did not concern me because of its delicious-lookingness. I always get excited at the Fareway. They have the best produce section. And the nicest employees. I'm going to make my kids work there when they're in high school. Anyway, I sat at the computer thinking I didn't want to post because I was feeling down about the day. But I figured that if my blog is going to be a real chronicle of our days, then I'd better be honest about it! And actually, finding some humor in it has renewed my perspective a little. Tomorrow we'll try again.....at kindness, at patience, at respectfulness (you realize I'm not talking about the kids). Our memory verse this week is Proverbs 15:1 --A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. I chose this because I thought THEY needed it. (sigh). Thank you, Jesus, for new mercies each morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment